How do you know when it’s right to take on more work, and when you need to start easing off? Just like many areas of legal practice, nobody teaches us how to determine our capacity for work. We’re left to fumble through and guess, and most of us get it wrong, to our detriment.
Determining your capacity for work is about more than calculating how many hours you have in a day. Working every available second is going to leave you burned out, but when you’re truly clear on your capacity for work, you’ll get a better handle on everything that’s overwhelming you about your workload and your to-do list.
Tune in this week to discover how to calculate and determine your capacity for work in a way that serves you where you are right now. I’m sharing my own system for determining how many hours I can work, how to deal with the discomfort of saying no, and how to measure your capacity according to your specific business model.
Early Enrollment for the next round of The Less Stressed Lawyer Mastermind opens May 12th, 2023, with the next live event running from August 23rd through 26th 2023. Spots are limited, so if you don’t want to miss out, I highly recommend you sign up for the waitlist here!
If you enjoyed today’s show, I would really appreciate it if you would leave a rating and review to let me know and help others find The Less Stressed Lawyer Podcast. Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to follow, rate, and review!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why determining your capacity for work will help you reduce your overwhelm and stress.
- How I’ve mastered determining my own capacity for work since starting my coaching business.
- What I do differently to people operating legal practices that helps me understand my capacity at a high level.
- My own calculations for determining my capacity for work and how I reached these conclusions.
- How different times in your life and business call for differing capacities for work.
- Why there is no right or wrong answer for how many hours you can work in a week.
- How to adjust the way you calculate your capacity for work in a way that doesn’t leave you burned out, and honor that capacity.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- I would really appreciate it if you would leave a rating and review to let me know and help others find The Less Stressed Lawyer Podcast. Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to follow, rate, and review
- If you want more information about the Less Stressed Lawyer mastermind, visit my LinkedIn, my Instagram, or email me!
- Get on my email list!
- Episode 32: Planning Your Schedule Accurately (Time Management Series)